30 Day Challenge to Invest in Yourself First – Day #1
Ready to begin your 30 Day Challenge to Invest in Yourself First? Let’s do this!
Our goal over the next 30 days is to learn the habit of investing TIME in ourselves first, before committing our limited energy and resources in others. The purpose is to build a healthy foundation of being intentional and focused about those things that matter most to each of us. Remember that TIME is precious and limited.
The 30 Day Challenge is about investing at least 5% of your TIME in yourself. This works out to roughly 5 hours per week. Block out your calendar in whatever increments make sense for you. Make sure you are unavailable for any other pressing responsibilities.
Getting started on Day # 1
- Find a comfortable place away from interruptions or distractions
- Let your thoughts wander
- Jot down anything significant on your mind – anxieties, wishes, complaints, worries
- Challenge negative self talk by asking yourself if those thoughts are truly accurate
- Guide your thoughts towards clarifying what you really want to accomplish in the next few months or years
- Really listen
- Give yourself space to daydream
That’s a wonderful start. Looking forward to Day #2!